Vikipedėjė:Aptarėmā/archive – skėrtoms terp pakeitėmu.

76 936 pridėta baitų ,  prieš 2 metų
arkīvā
(Naus poslapis: ;Archive == Ožrašā == * Pradiuo būtom geriau vėskon apriedīt' lietovėškā, nes, kāp user:Knutux sakė, ėš giminingas kalbuos papratiau pergoldīt'. User:Zordsdavin...)
 
(arkīvā)
 
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Samwalton9@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Wikipedia_Library&oldid=18064061 -->
 
== Update on page issues on mobile web ==
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
 
{{int:please-translate}}
Hi everyone. The [[mw:Reading/Web/Team|Readers web team]] has recently begun working on exposing issue templates on the mobile website. Currently, details about issues with page content are generally hidden on the mobile website. This leaves readers unaware of the reliability of the pages they are reading. The goal of this project is to improve awareness of particular issues within an article on the mobile web. We will do this by changing the visual styling of page issues.
 
So far, we have [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|drafted a proposal on the design and implementation]] of the project. We were also able to run [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues/Research Results|user testing on the proposed designs]]. The tests so far have positive results. Here is a quick summary of what we learned:
* The new treatment increases awareness of page issues among participants. This is true particularly when they are in a more evaluative/critical mode.
* Page issues make sense to readers and they understand how they work
* Readers care about page issues and consider them important
* Readers had overwhelmingly positive sentiments towards Wikipedia associated with learning about page issues
Our next step would be to start implementing these changes. We wanted to reach out to you for any concerns, thoughts, and suggestions you might have before beginning development. Please [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|visit the project page]] where we have more information and mockups of how this may look. Please [[mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|leave feedback on the talk page]].
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 23:58, 12 bėrželė 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:CKoerner_(WMF)/Sandbox&oldid=18120916 -->
 
== Global preferences are available ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Global preferences are now available, you can set them by visiting your new [[Special:GlobalPreferences|global preferences page]]. Visit [[mw:Help:Extension:GlobalPreferences|mediawiki.org for information on how to use them]] and [[mw:Help talk:Extension:GlobalPreferences|leave feedback]]. -- [[User:Keegan (WMF)|Keegan (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Keegan (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 22:19, 10 lėipas 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Keegan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=17968247 -->
 
== Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
Hi all,
 
I'm preparing a change in who can edit sitewide CSS/JS pages. (These are pages like <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Common.css</code> and <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Vector.js</code> which are executed in the browser of all readers and editors.) Currently all administrators are able to edit these pages, which poses a serious and unnecessary security risk. Soon, a dedicated, smaller user group will take over this task. Your community will be able to decide who belongs in this group, so this should mean very little change for you. You can find out more and provide feedback at [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|the consultation page on Meta]]. If you are involved in maintaining CSS/JS code, or policymaking around adminship requests, please give it a look!
 
Thanks!
<br/><span dir="ltr">[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 11:45, 12 lėipas 2018 (EEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small></span>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Nonechnical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=18199925 -->
 
== New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
Hi all!
 
To improve the security of our readers and editors, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed. (These are pages like <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Common.css</code> and <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Vector.js</code> which contain code that is executed in the browsers of users of the site.)
A new user group, <code dir="ltr">[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Interface administrators|interface-admin]]</code>, has been created.
Starting four weeks from now, only members of this group will be able edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with <code dir="ltr">.css</code> or <code dir="ltr">.js</code> that is either in the <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:</code> namespace or is another user's user subpage).
 
You can learn more about the motivation behind the change [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|here]].
 
Please add users who need to edit CSS/JS to the new group (this can be done the same way new administrators are added, by stewards or local bureaucrats).
This is a dangerous permission; a malicious user or a hacker taking over the account of a careless interface-admin can abuse it in far worse ways than admin permissions could be abused. Please only assign it to users who need it, who are trusted by the community, and who follow common basic password and computer security practices (use strong passwords, do not reuse passwords, use two-factor authentication if possible, do not install software of questionable origin on your machine, use antivirus software if that's a standard thing in your environment).
 
Thanks!
<br/><span dir="ltr">[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 16:08, 30 lėipas 2018 (EEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small></span>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=17968247 -->
 
== New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
Hi all!
 
To improve the security of our readers and editors, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed. (These are pages like <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Common.css</code> and <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Vector.js</code> which contain code that is executed in the browsers of users of the site.)
A new user group, <code dir="ltr">[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Interface administrators|interface-admin]]</code>, has been created.
Starting four weeks from now, only members of this group will be able edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with <code dir="ltr">.css</code> or <code dir="ltr">.js</code> that is either in the <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:</code> namespace or is another user's user subpage).
 
You can learn more about the motivation behind the change [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|here]].
 
Please add users who need to edit CSS/JS to the new group (this can be done the same way new administrators are added, by stewards or local bureaucrats).
This is a dangerous permission; a malicious user or a hacker taking over the account of a careless interface-admin can abuse it in far worse ways than admin permissions could be abused. Please only assign it to users who need it, who are trusted by the community, and who follow common basic password and computer security practices (use strong passwords, do not reuse passwords, use two-factor authentication if possible, do not install software of questionable origin on your machine, use antivirus software if that's a standard thing in your environment).
 
Thanks!
<br/><span dir="ltr">[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 20:44, 30 lėipas 2018 (EEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small></span>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tgr/massmessage-T139380-ifadmin&oldid=18255968 -->
 
== Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Hello.
 
The team working on TemplateStyles at the Wikimedia Foundation would like to enable TemplateStyles on this wiki.
 
TemplateStyles is a feature to allow non-administrators to write and manage CSS styles for templates. It allows contributors who edit templates to separate content and presentation. A good web practice that makes it easier to manage the layout of templates. If you don't edit templates, this will not have any impact on your contributions.
 
TemplateStyles is useful for a few reasons.
 
* It makes it possible for templates to work better on mobile.
* It cuts out confusion on where to apply CSS rules.
* Editing CSS is currently limited to administrators, which is a major barrier to participation.
* All stylesheets must be loaded on all pages (whether they actually use the page or not), which wastes bandwidth and makes debugging style rules more difficult.
You can [[mw:Help:TemplateStyles|learn more about TemplateStyles on MediaWiki.org]]. [[mw:Extension:TemplateStyles|Technical documentation is also available]].
 
This is an optional feature and no one must use it, but template contributors are encouraged to do so! Please discuss and let us know if there are any concerns. If there are no concerns we will proceed to deploy the feature on the 9th of August.
 
Thank you.
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 00:28, 7 rogpjūtė 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:CKoerner_(WMF)/Sandbox&oldid=18277775 -->
 
== Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now ==
 
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Hi all,
 
as [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS/announcement 2|announced previously]], permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the <code>[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Interface administrators|interface-admin]]</code> ({{int:group-interface-admin}}) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS]]. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
 
Thanks!<br />
[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 15:39, 27 rogpjūtė 2018 (EEST) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18258712 -->
 
== Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
[[:m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/Server switch 2018|Read this message in another language]] • {{int:please-translate}}
 
The [[foundation:|Wikimedia Foundation]] will be testing its secondary data centre. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
 
They will switch all traffic to the secondary data center on '''Wednesday, 12 September 2018'''.
On '''Wednesday, 10 October 2018''', they will switch back to the primary data center.
 
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in [[mw:Manual:What is MediaWiki?|MediaWiki]], all editing must stop when we switch. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
 
'''You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.'''
 
*You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Wednesday, 12 September and Wednesday, 10 October. The test will start at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170503T14 14:00 UTC] (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 02:00 NZST on Thursday 13 September and Thursday 11 October).
*If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
 
''Other effects'':
 
*Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
*There will be code freezes for the weeks of 10 September 2018 and 8 October 2018. Non-essential code deployments will not happen.
 
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can [[wikitech:Switch Datacenter#Schedule for 2018 switch|read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org]]. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. '''Please share this information with your community.''' /<span dir=ltr>[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan(WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Johan (WMF)|talk]])</span>
</div></div> 16:32, 6 siejės 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18333489 -->
 
== The GFDL license on Commons ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
This has been posted here because your wiki allows local file uploads. {{int:please-translate}}.
 
Commons [[c:Commons:Village pump/Proposals/Archive/2018/08#No longer allow GFDL for some new uploads|will no longer allow]] uploads of photos, paintings, drawings, audio and video that use the GFDL [[c:Commons:Licensing|license]] and no other license. This starts after 14 October. Textbooks, manuals and logos, diagrams and screenshots from GFDL software manuals that only use the GFDL license are still allowed. Files licensed with both GFDL and an accepted license like Creative Commons BY-SA are still allowed.
 
There is no time limit to move files from other projects to Commons. The licensing date is all that counts. It doesn't matter when the file was uploaded or created. Every wiki that allows local uploads should check if bots, scripts and templates that are used to move files to Commons need to be updated. Also update your local policy documentation if needed.
 
The decision to allow files that only have a GFDL license, or not allow them, is a decision all wikis can make for themselves. Your wiki can decide to continue allowing the files that Commons will no longer allow after 14 October. If your wiki decides to continue to allow files after 14 October that Commons will no longer allow those files should not be moved to Commons. — [[User:Alexis Jazz|Alexis Jazz]], <small>distributed by [[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan]] using [[m:Special:MyLanguage/MassMessage|MassMessage]]</small>
 
</div></div> 21:11, 20 siejės 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Alexis_Jazz/GFDL_MassMessage/Distribution&oldid=18392882 -->
 
== Reminder: No editing for up to an hour on 10 October ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
[[:m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/Server switch 2018 2|Read this message in another language]] • {{int:please-translate}}
 
The [https://wikimediafoundation.org/ Wikimedia Foundation] are testing its secondary data center. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster.
 
They switched all traffic to the secondary data center 12 September 2018.
On '''Wednesday, 10 October 2018''', they will switch back to the primary data center.
 
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in [[mw:Manual:What is MediaWiki?|MediaWiki]], all editing must stop while we switch.
 
'''You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.'''
 
You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Wednesday, 10 October. The test will start a bit after [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181010T14 14:00 UTC] (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST). If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message.
 
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can [[wikitech:Switch Datacenter#Schedule for 2018 switch|read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org]]. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. '''Please share this information with your community.''' /<span dir=ltr>[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan(WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Johan (WMF)|talk]])</span>
</div></div> 15:03, 4 spalė 2018 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18363900 -->
 
== The Community Wishlist Survey ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
The Community Wishlist Survey. {{Int:Please-translate}}.
 
Hey everyone,
 
The Community Wishlist Survey is the process when the Wikimedia communities decide what the Wikimedia Foundation [[m:Community Tech|Community Tech]] should work on over the next year.
 
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can post technical proposals from now until 11 November. The communities will vote on the proposals between 16 November and 30 November. You can read more on the [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Community Wishlist Survey 2019|wishlist survey page]].
 
<span dir=ltr>/[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan (WMF)]]</span></div></div> 13:05, 30 spalė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18458512 -->
 
== Editing News #2—2018 ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''[[metawiki:VisualEditor/Newsletter/2018/October|Read this in another language]] • [[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter|Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter]]''
 
<div style="float:right;width:270px;margin-left:1em;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;padding:1em;">
[[File:VisualEditor-logo.svg|200px|center]]
'''Did you know?'''
<div class="thumbcaption" style="font-size: 90%;">
 
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
[[File:Mobile editing watchlist star editing pencil.png|alt=Screenshot showing the location of the pencil icon|center|frameless|250px]]
 
Tap on the pencil icon to start editing. The page will probably open in the wikitext editor.
 
You will see another pencil icon in the toolbar. Tap on that pencil icon to the switch between visual editing and wikitext editing.
 
[[File:Visual editing mobile switch wikitext.png|alt=Toolbar with menu opened|center|frameless|250px]]
 
Remember to publish your changes when you're done.
 
You can read and help translate [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:VisualEditor/User guide|the user guide]], which has more information about how to use the visual editor.</div></div>
 
Since the last newsletter, the [[mw:Editing|Editing Team]] has wrapped up most of their work on the [[mw:2017 wikitext editor|2017 wikitext editor]] and [[mw:VisualEditor/Diffs|the visual diff tool]]. The team has begun investigating the needs of editors who use mobile devices. Their work board is available [[phab:project/view/3236/|in Phabricator]]. Their [[mw:Wikimedia Audiences/2018-19 Q2 Goals#Contributors|current priorities]] are fixing bugs and improving mobile editing.
 
=== Recent changes ===
*The Editing team has published an [[mw:Mobile editing using the visual editor report|initial report about mobile editing]].
*The Editing team has begun a design study of visual editing on the mobile website. New editors have trouble doing basic tasks on a smartphone, such as adding links to Wikipedia articles. You can [[c:File:Visual Editor Heuristic - Results.pdf|read the report]].
*The Reading team is working on a [[mw:Reading/Web/Advanced mobile contributions|separate mobile-based contributions project]].
*The 2006 wikitext editor is [[mw:Contributors/Projects/Removal of the 2006 wikitext editor|no longer supported]]. If you used [[:File:Edit toolbar - 2.png|that toolbar]], then you will no longer see any toolbar. You may choose another editing tool in your [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing|editing preferences]], [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets|local gadgets]], or [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|beta features]].
*The Editing team described the history and status of [[mw:Extension:VisualEditor|VisualEditor]] in [[m:Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/2018-03|this recorded public presentation]] (starting at 29 minutes, 30 seconds).
*The Language team released [[mw:Content translation/V2|a new version of Content Translation]] (CX2) last month, on [[foundationsite:2018/09/30/international-translation-day/|International Translation Day]]. It integrates the visual editor to support templates, tables, and images. It also produces better wikitext when the translated article is published. [https://wikimediafoundation.org/2018/09/30/content-translation-version-two/]
 
=== Let's work together ===
* The Editing team wants to improve visual editing on the mobile website. <mark>Please read [[mw:Visual-based mobile editing/Ideas/October 2018|their ideas]] and tell the team what you think would help editors who use the mobile site.</mark>
*The [[m:Community Wishlist Survey 2019|Community Wishlist Survey]] begins next week.
*If you aren't reading this in your preferred language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the [[mail:translators-l|Translators mailing list]] or [https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Elitre_(WMF)&action=edit&section=new contact us] directly. We will notify you when the next issue is ready for translation. {{int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
 
—[[mw:User:Whatamidoing (WMF)|Whatamidoing (WMF)]] ([[mw:User talk:Whatamidoing (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 16:16, 2 lapkristė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=VisualEditor/Newsletter/Wikis_with_VE&oldid=17790200 -->
 
== Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
'''Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web'''
 
{{int:please-translate}}
[[File:Page_issues_-_mobile_banner_example.jpg|thumb|Example of improvements]]
 
Hello,
 
In a few weeks the Readers web team will be changing how some templates look on the mobile web site. We will make these templates more noticeable when viewing the article. We ask for your help in updating any templates that don't look correct.
 
What kind of templates? Specifically templates that notify readers and contributors about issues with the content of an article – the text and information in the article. Examples like [[wikidata:Q5962027|Template:Unreferenced]] or [[Wikidata:Q5619503|Template:More citations needed]]. Right now these notifications are hidden behind a link under the title of an article. We will format templates like these (mostly those that use Template:Ambox or message box templates in general) to show a short summary under the page title. You can tap on the "Learn more" link to get more information.
 
For template editors we have [[mw:Recommendations_for_mobile_friendly_articles_on_Wikimedia_wikis#Making_page_issues_(ambox_templates)_mobile_friendly|some recommendations on how to make templates that are mobile-friendly]] and also further [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues|documentation on our work so far]].
 
If you have questions about formatting templates for mobile, [[mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues|please leave a note on the project talk page]] or [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?projects=Readers-Web-Backlog file a task in Phabricator] and we will help you.
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 21:34, 13 lapkristė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18543269 -->
 
== Community Wishlist Survey vote ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
 
The Community Wishlist Survey. {{Int:Please-translate}}.
 
Hey everyone,
 
The Community Wishlist Survey is the process when the Wikimedia communities decide what the Wikimedia Foundation [[m:Community Tech|Community Tech]] should work on over the next year.
 
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. The communities have now posted a long list of technical proposals. You can vote on the proposals from now until 30 November. You can read more on the [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Community Wishlist Survey 2019|wishlist survey page]].
 
<span dir=ltr>/[[m:User:Johan (WMF)|User:Johan (WMF)]]</span></div></div> 20:13, 22 lapkristė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18543269 -->
 
== Advanced Search ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/AdvancedSearch|Advanced Search]] will become a default feature on your wiki on November 28. This new interface allows you to perform specialized searches on the [[Special:Search|search page]], even if you don’t know any [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:CirrusSearch|search syntax]]. Advanced Search originates from the [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes|German Community’s Technical Wishes project]]. It's already a default feature on German, Arabic, Farsi and Hungarian Wikipedia. Besides, more than 40.000 users across all wikis have tested the beta version. Feedback is welcome on the [[mw:Help talk:Extension:AdvancedSearch|central feedback page]].</div> [[m:User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|Johanna Strodt (WMDE)]] ([[m:User talk:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|talk]]) 12:57, 26 lapkristė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_1&oldid=17995466 -->
 
== New Wikimedia password policy and requirements ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
The Wikimedia Foundation security team is implementing a new [[m:Password policy|password policy and requirements]]. [[mw:Wikimedia_Security_Team/Password_strengthening_2019|You can learn more about the project on MediaWiki.org]].
 
These new requirements will apply to new accounts and privileged accounts. New accounts will be required to create a password with a minimum length of 8 characters. Privileged accounts will be prompted to update their password to one that is at least 10 characters in length.
 
These changes are planned to be in effect on December 13th. If you think your work or tools will be affected by this change, please let us know on [[mw:Talk:Wikimedia_Security_Team/Password_strengthening_2019|the talk page]].
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}}
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 22:02, 6 groudė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019 ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
{{int:please-translate}}
 
[[File:WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg|right|frameless]]
 
Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.
 
[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love|Wiki Loves Love (WLL)]] is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.
 
The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.
 
The theme of 2019 iteration is '''''Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.'''''
 
Sign up your affiliate or individually at [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2019/Participants|Participants]] page.
 
To know more about the contest, check out our [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2019|Commons Page]] and [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2018/FAQ|FAQs]]
 
There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!
 
Kind regards,
 
[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Love 2018/International Team|Wiki Loves Love Team]]
 
Imagine... the sum of all love!
</div>
--[[Nauduotuos:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:MediaWiki message delivery|aptarėms]]) 12:12, 27 groudė 2018 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Tiven2240@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== FileExporter beta feature ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[File:Logo for the beta feature FileExporter.svg|thumb|Coming soon: the beta feature [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|FileExporter]]]]
A new beta feature will soon be released on all wikis: The [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|FileExporter]]. It allows exports of files from a local wiki to Wikimedia Commons, including their file history and page history. Which files can be exported is defined by each wiki's community: '''Please check your wiki's [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons/Configuration file documentation|configuration file]]''' if you want to use this feature.
 
The FileExporter has already been a beta feature on [https://www.mediawiki.org mediawiki.org], [https://meta.wikimedia.org meta.wikimedia], deWP, faWP, arWP, koWP and on [https://wikisource.org wikisource.org]. After some functionality was added, it's now becoming a beta feature on all wikis. Deployment is planned for January 16. More information can be found [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Move_files_to_Commons|on the project page]].
 
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test the FileExporter, please activate it in your [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|user preferences]]. The best place for feedback is the [[mw:Help_talk:Extension:FileImporter|central talk page]]. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's [[m:WMDE Technical Wishes|Technical Wishes project]].
</div> [[User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|Johanna Strodt (WMDE)]] 11:41, 14 sausė 2019 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_all_village_pumps&oldid=18782700 -->
 
== No editing for 30 minutes 17 January ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">You will '''not be able to edit''' the wikis for up to 30 minutes on '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190117T07 17 January 07:00 UTC]'''. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are '''not''' affected [[:m:User:Johan (WMF)/201901ReadOnlyPage|on this page]]. Most wikis are affected. The time you can't edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div> 16:47, 16 sausė 2019 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Johan_(WMF)/201901ReadOnly/Targets&oldid=18788945 -->
 
== Talk to us about talking ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[File:OOjs_UI_icon_speechBubbles-rtl.svg|alt="icon depicting two speech Bubbles"|frameless|right|120px]]
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|global consultation about communication]]. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
 
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
 
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
 
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
 
'''We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.'''
 
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
# First, [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019/Participant group sign-up|sign up your group here.]]
# Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
# Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
## When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
## What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
## What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
## What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
## What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
# Finally, please go to [[mw:Talk:Talk pages consultation 2019|Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org]] and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
 
'''You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.'''
 
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019/Tools in use|how your group communicates]].
 
You can read more about [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|the overall process]] on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can [[mw:Talk:Talk pages consultation 2019|leave feedback about the consultation process]] in the language you prefer.
 
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
</div> [[user:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek (WMF)]] 17:00, 21 vasarė 2019 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18639017 -->
 
== New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019) ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Hello Wikimedians!
[[File:Wikipedia_Library_owl.svg|thumb|upright|The TWL OWL says sign up today!]]
[[m:The Wikipedia Library|The Wikipedia Library]] is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our [[m:The_Wikipedia_Library/Journals|Publisher Donation Program]]. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/ Library Card platform]:
* '''[https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/72/ Kinige]''' – Primarily Indian-language ebooks - 10 books per month
* '''[https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/55/ Gale]''' – Times Digital Archive collection added (covering 1785-2013)
* '''[https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/54/ JSTOR]''' – New applications now being taken again
 
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/ our partners page], including [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/47/ Baylor University Press], [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/10/ Taylor & Francis], [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/46/ Cairn], [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/32/ Annual Reviews] and [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/partners/61/ Bloomsbury]. You can request new partnerships on our [https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/suggest/ Suggestions page].
 
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
<br>--[[w:en:Wikipedia:TWL/Coordinators|The Wikipedia Library Team]] 19:40, 13 kuova 2019 (EET)
 
:''You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact [[m:User:Ocaasi_(WMF)|Ocaasi (WMF)]].''<br>
:<small>This message was delivered via the [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MassMessage#Global_message_delivery Global Mass Message] tool to [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_message_delivery/Targets/Wikipedia_Library The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List].</small>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Samwalton9@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Wikipedia_Library&oldid=18873404 -->
 
== Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">You will '''not be able to edit''' most Wikimedia wikis for up to 30 minutes on '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190411T05 11 April 05:00 UTC]'''. This is because of a hardware problem. You can still read the wikis. You [[phab:T220080|can see which wikis are affected]]. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div></div></div> 13:56, 8 balondė 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18979889 -->
 
== Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request ==
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">The Wikimedia Foundation has published a [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_Medium-term_plan_2019|Medium-Term Plan proposal]] covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on [[m:Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_Medium-term_plan_2019|the talk page]], by April 20. {{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[m:User:Quiddity (WMF)|Quiddity (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Quiddity (WMF)|talk]]) 20:35, 12 balondė 2019 (EEST)</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Quiddity (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=18998727 -->
 
== Multilingual Shared Templates and Modules ==
Hello sgswiki community! ({{int:please-translate}})
 
I recently organized a project to share templates and modules between wikis. It allows modules and templates to be “language-neutral”, and store all text translations on Commons. This means that it is enough to copy/paste a template without any changes, and update the translations separately. If someone fixes a bug or adds a new feature in the original module, you can copy/paste it again without any translation work. My bot ''DiBabelYurikBot'' can help with copying. This way users can spend more time on content, and less time on updating and copying templates. Please see [[mw:WP:TNT|project page]] for details and ask questions on talk page.
 
P.S. I am [[meta:Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Nominations/Yuri_Astrakhan_(yurik)|currently running]] for the Wikimedia board, focusing on content and support of multi-language communities. If you liked my projects like maps, graphs, or this one, I will be happy to receive your support. (any [[meta:Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Eligible_entities|registered user group]] can vote). Thank you! --[[User:Yurik|Yurik]] ([[meta:User talk:Yurik|talk]]) 08:48, 11 gegožė 2019 (EEST)
 
== Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it :)''
 
Hello all,
 
Many language versions of Wikipedia use the content of [[Wikidata]], the centralized knowledge base, to fill out the content of infoboxes. The data is stored in Wikidata and displayed, partially or completely, in the Wikipedia’s language, on the articles.
This feature is used by many template editors, but brought several issues that were raised by communities in various places: not being able to edit the data directly from Wikipedia was one of them.
 
This is the reason why the '''[[mw:Wikidata Bridge|Wikidata Bridge]]''' project started, with the goal of offering a way to Wikipedia editors to edit Wikidata’s data more easily. This will be achieved by an interface, connected to the infobox, that users can access directly from their local wiki.
 
The project is now at an early stage of development. A lot of [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Research|user research]] has been done, and will continue to be done through the different phases of the project. The next steps of [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Development|development]] will be achieved by the development team working at Wikimedia Deutschland, starting now until the end of 2019.
 
In order to make sure that we’re building a tool that is answering editors’ needs, we’re using agile methods in our development process. We don’t start with a fixed idea of the tool we want to deliver: we will build it together with the editors, based on feedback loops that we will regularly organize. The first version will not necessarily have all of the features you want, but it will keep evolving.
 
Here’s the planned timeline:
* From June to August, we will build the setup and technical groundwork.
* From September to November 2019, we will develop the first version of the feature and publish a test system so you can try it and give feedback.
* Later on, we will test the feature on a few projects, in collaboration with the communities.
** We will first focus on early adopters communities who already implemented a shortcut from their infoboxes to edit Wikidata (for example Russian, Catalan, Basque Wikipedias)
** but we also welcome also communities who [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Get_involved|volunteer to be part of the first test round]].
** Then we will reach some of the big Wikipedias (French, German, English) in order to see if the project scales and to address their potentially different needs.
** Even later, we can consider enabling the feature on all the other projects.
In any case, no deployment or big change will be enforced on the projects without talking to the communities first, and helping the template builders to prepare for the changes they will have to do on the infoboxes’ code.
 
If you want to get involved, there are several ways to help:
* Read and help translating [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge|the documentation pages]]
* Follow the [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Updates|updates]] and participate in [[mw:Topic:V1x2lxtu8rgi954a|the first feedback loop]]
* Talk about it with your local community
More ideas will be added [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Get_involved|on this page]] along the way
 
If you have any questions for the development team, feel free to ask them [[mw:Talk:Wikidata_Bridge|on the main talk page]]. You can also ask under this message, but if you expect an answer from me, please make sure to ping me.
 
Thanks for your attention, [[:d:User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|Lea Lacroix (WMDE)]] 16:03, 24 bėrželė 2019 (EEST)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/List_Wikipedias&oldid=19168539 -->
 
== Editing News #1—July 2019 ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''[[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter/2019/July|Read this in another language]] • [[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter|Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter]]''
 
<div style="float:right;width:270px;margin-left:1em;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;padding:1em;">
[[File:VisualEditor-logo.svg|200px|center]]
<big>'''Did you know?'''</big>
<div class="thumbcaption" style="font-size: 90%;">
 
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
 
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon [[File:OOjs UI icon edit-ltr.svg|frameless|16x16px]] to start editing.
 
'''<big>Edit Cards</big>'''
 
[[File:EditCards-v.20.png|alt=Toolbar with menu opened|center|frameless|250px]]
 
This is what the new '''Edit Cards for editing links''' in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: '''[[mw:Topic:V394zwrigth8ii7c|📲 Try Edit Cards]].'''
</div></div>
 
Welcome back to the [[mw:Editing|Editing]] newsletter.
 
Since [[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter/2018/October|the last newsletter]], the team has released two new features for the [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile|mobile visual editor]] and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to [[m:Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan/2018-2019/Audiences#Outcome 3: Mobile Contribution|make editing on mobile web simpler]].
 
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
 
<strong>Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?</strong>
 
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
 
<em>Follow these instructions and share your experience:</em>
 
<strong>[[mw:Topic:V394zwrigth8ii7c|📲 Try Edit Cards]].</strong>
 
=== Recent releases ===
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the [[mw:Reading/Web/Mobile#About|mobile site]]. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
 
# [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Section editing|Section editing]]
#* The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
#* The team studied this with an A/B test. [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Section editing#16 June 2019|This test showed]] that contributors who could use section editing were '''1% more likely to publish''' the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
# [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile#March 1, 2019|Loading overlay]]
#* The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
 
Section editing and the new loading overlay are '''now available to everyone''' using the mobile visual editor.
 
=== New and active projects ===
This is a list of our most active projects. [[mw:Help:Watching pages|Watch]] these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
 
*[[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Edit cards|Edit cards]]: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. <em>Go here to see how:</em> [[mw:Topic:V394zwrigth8ii7c|📲 <em>Try Edit Cards</em>]].
*[[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Toolbar refresh|Mobile toolbar refresh]]: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
*[[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/VE mobile default|Mobile visual editor availability]]: This A/B test asks: ''Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor?'' We are collaborating with [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/VE mobile default#26 June 2019 %E2%80%93 Participating wikis and test start date|20 Wikipedias]] to answer this question.
*[[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Usability improvements|Usability improvements]]: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
 
=== Looking ahead ===
 
* '''Wikimania:''' Several members of the Editing Team will be attending [[wmania:|Wikimania]] in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the [[wmania:2019:Community Growth/Visual editing on mobile: An accessible editor for all|Community Growth space]]. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
* '''Talk Pages:''' In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|improving talk pages]] and communication on the wikis.
 
=== Learning more ===
The [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile|VisualEditor on mobile]] is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at [[mw:Talk:VisualEditor on mobile|Talk:VisualEditor on mobile]].
 
[[user:PPelberg (WMF)|PPelberg (WMF)]] ([[mw:user_talk:PPelberg (WMF)|talk]]) & [[User:Whatamidoing (WMF)|Whatamidoing (WMF)]] ([[mw:user_talk:Whatamidoing (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 21:32, 23 lėipas 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=VisualEditor/Newsletter/Wikis_with_VE&oldid=19175117 -->
 
== Update on the consultation about office actions ==
 
Hello all,
 
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team [[:en:Wikipedia:Village_pump_(policy)/Archive_152#Announcement_of_forthcoming_temporary_and_partial_ban_tool_consultation|announced]] a future consultation about partial and/or temporary [[m:Special:MyLanguage/office actions|office actions]]. We want to let you know that the '''draft version''' of this consultation has now been [[:m:Office_actions/Community_consultation_on_partial_and_temporary_office_actions/draft|posted on Meta]].
 
This is a '''draft'''. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
 
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. '''[[:m:Talk:Office_actions/Community_consultation_on_partial_and_temporary_office_actions/draft|Please post it on the draft talk page]]'''. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
 
Please visit [[:m:Office_actions/Community_consultation_on_partial_and_temporary_office_actions/draft|the consultation draft on Meta-wiki]] and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
 
Thank you for your input! -- The [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Trust and Safety|Trust & Safety team]] 11:02, 16 rogpjūtė 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Non-Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=19175143 -->
 
== New tools and IP masking ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks">
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Hey everyone,
 
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
 
We have an idea of what tools ''could'' be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project [[m:IP Editing: Privacy Enhancement and Abuse Mitigation|on Meta]] and [[m:Talk:IP Editing: Privacy Enhancement and Abuse Mitigation|post comments and feedback]]. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
 
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div></div></div> 17:18, 21 rogpjūtė 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Johan_(WMF)/Tools_and_IP_message/Distribution&oldid=19315232 -->
 
== The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
<div class="plainlinks">
Hello,
 
In a [[:en:Wikipedia:Community_response_to_the_Wikimedia_Foundation%27s_ban_of_Fram/Official_statements#Board_statement|recent statement]], the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees [[:en:Wikipedia:Community_response_to_the_Wikimedia_Foundation%27s_ban_of_Fram/Official_statements#Board_statement|requested that staff hold a consultation]] to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
 
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians [[:m:Office actions/Community consultation on partial and temporary office actions/09 2019|to join this consultation and give their feedback]] from 30 September to 30 October.
 
How can you help?
 
* Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
 
* Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
 
* Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
 
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
 
</div>
</div>-- [[user:Kbrown (WMF)|Kbrown (WMF)]] 20:14, 30 siejės 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Global_message_delivery&oldid=19302497 -->
 
== Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
{{Int:Please-translate}}
 
{{int:Hello}}. The Readers Web team at the WMF will work on some [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements|improvements to the desktop interface]] over the next couple of years. The goal is to increase usability without removing any functionality. We have been inspired by changes made by volunteers, but that currently only exist as local gadgets and user scripts, prototypes, and volunteer-led skins. We would like to begin the process of bringing some of these changes into the default experience on all Wikimedia projects.
 
We are currently in the research stage of this project and are looking for ideas for improvements, as well as feedback on our current ideas and mockups. So far, we have performed interviews with community members at Wikimania. We have gathered lists of previous volunteer and WMF work in this area. We are examining possible technical approaches for such changes.
 
We would like individual feedback on the following:
 
* Identifying focus areas for the project we have not yet discovered
* Expanding the list of existing gadgets and user scripts that are related to providing a better desktop experience. If you can think of some of these from your wiki, please let us know
* Feedback on the ideas and mockups we have collected so far
 
We would also like to gather a list of wikis that would be interested in being test wikis for this project - these wikis would be the first to receive the updates once we’re ready to start building.
 
When giving feedback, please consider the following goals of the project:
 
* Make it easier for readers to focus on the content
* Provide easier access to everyday actions (e.g. search, language switching, editing)
* Put things in logical and useful places
* Increase consistency in the interface with other platforms - mobile web and the apps
* Eliminate clutter
* Plan for future growth
 
As well as the following constraints:
 
* Not touching the content - no work will be done in terms of styling templates or to the structure of page contents themselves
* Not removing any functionality - things might move around, but all navigational items and other functionality currently available by default will remain
* No drastic changes to the layout - we're taking an evolutionary approach to the changes and want the site to continue feeling familiar to readers and editors
 
Please give all feedback (in any language) at [[mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements|mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements]]
 
After this round of feedback, we plan on building a prototype of suggested changes based on the feedback we receive. You’ll hear from us again asking for feedback on this prototype.
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[mw:User:Quiddity (WMF)|Quiddity (WMF)]] ([[mw:User talk:Quiddity (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 10:18, 16 spalė 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Quiddity (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Quiddity_(WMF)/Global_message_delivery_split_4&oldid=19462890 -->
 
== Beta feature "Reference Previews" ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
A new beta feature will soon be deployed to your wiki: [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/ReferencePreviews|Reference Previews]]. As you might guess from the name, this feature gives you a preview of references in the article text. That means, you can look up a reference without jumping down to the bottom of the page.
 
Reference Previews have already been a beta feature on German and Arabic Wikipedia since April. Now they will become available on more wikis. Deployment is planned for October 24. More information can be found [[m:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/ReferencePreviews|on the project page]].
 
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test Reference Previews, please activate the beta feature in your [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|user preferences]] and let us know what you think. The best place for feedback is the [[mw:Help talk:Reference Previews|central talk page]]. We hope the feature will serve you well in your work. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's [[m:WMDE Technical Wishes|Technical Wishes project]].
</div> -- [[User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)|Johanna Strodt (WMDE)]] 12:47, 23 spalė 2019 (EEST)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_all_village_pumps&oldid=19478814 -->
 
== Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
<em>[[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter/2019/October|Read this in another language]] • [[m:VisualEditor/Newsletter|Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter]]</em>
 
Inside this newsletter, the [[mw:Editing|Editing team]] talks about their work on the [[mw:Mobile visual editor|mobile visual editor]], on [[mw:Talk pages project|the new talk pages project]], and at [[wikimania:|Wikimania 2019]].
 
=== Help ===
<strong>What talk page interactions do you remember?</strong> Is it a story about how someone helped you to learn something new? Is it a story about how someone helped you get involved in a group? Something else? Whatever your story is, we want to hear it!
 
Please tell us a story about how you used a talk page. <mark>Please share a link to a memorable discussion, or describe it on the <strong>[[mw:Topic:V8d91yh8gcg404dj|talk page for this project]]</strong>.</mark> The team wants your examples. These examples will help everyone develop a shared understanding of what this project should support and encourage.
 
=== Talk pages project ===
The [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019|Talk Pages Consultation]] was a global consultation to define better tools for wiki communication. From February through June 2019, more than 500 volunteers on 20 wikis, across 15 languages and multiple projects, came together with members of the Foundation to create a product direction for a set of discussion tools. The [[mw:Talk pages consultation 2019/Phase 2 report|Phase 2 Report]] of the Talk Page Consultation was published in August. It summarizes the product direction the team has started to work on, which you can read more about here: [[mw:Talk pages project|Talk Page Project project page]].
 
The team needs and wants your help at this early stage. They are starting to develop the first idea. Please add your name to the [[mw:Talk pages project#Getting involved|<strong>"Getting involved"</strong>]] section of the project page, if you would like to hear about opportunities to participate.
 
=== Mobile visual editor ===
The Editing team is trying to make it simpler to edit on mobile devices. The team is changing the [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile|visual editor on mobile]]. If you have something to say about editing on a mobile device, please leave a message at [[mw:Talk:VisualEditor on mobile|Talk:VisualEditor on mobile]].
 
==== [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Edit cards|Edit Cards]] ====
[[File:Edit Cards-before-v3-comparison.png|thumb|486x486px|What happens when you click on a link. The new Edit Card is bigger and has more options for editing links.]]
 
* On 3 September, the Editing team released [[:File:Edit Cards comparison v2 and v3.png|version 3 of Edit Cards]]. Anyone could use the new version in the mobile visual editor.
* There is an [[:File:Edit Cards comparison v2 and v3.png|updated design]] on the Edit Card for adding and modifying links. There is also a new, [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Edit cards#2 September 2019 - v3 deployment timing|combined workflow for editing a link's display text and target]].
* Feedback: You can try the new Edit Cards by opening the mobile visual editor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the [[:mw:Topic:V5rg0cqmikpubmjj|Edit cards talk page]].
 
==== [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Toolbar refresh|Toolbar]] ====
[[File:Toolbar-comparison-v1.png|thumb|486px|The editing toolbar is changing in the mobile visual editor. The old system had two different toolbars. Now, all the buttons are together. [[mw:Topic:V79x6zm8n6i4nb56|Tell the team what you think about the new toolbar]].]]
 
* In September, the Editing team updated the mobile visual editor's editing toolbar. Anyone could see these changes in the mobile visual editor.
** <em>One toolbar:</em> All of the editing tools are located in one toolbar. Previously, the toolbar changed when you clicked on different things.
**<em>New navigation:</em> The buttons for moving forward and backward in the edit flow have changed.
**<em>Seamless switching:</em> an [[phab:T228159|improved workflow]] for switching between the visual and wikitext modes.
* Feedback: You can try the refreshed toolbar by opening the mobile VisualEditor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the [[mw:Topic:V79x6zm8n6i4nb56|Toolbar feedback talk page]].
 
=== Wikimania ===
The Editing Team attended [[wmania:2019:Program|Wikimania 2019]] in Sweden. They led a session on [[wmania:2019:Community Growth/Visual editing on mobile: An accessible editor for all|the mobile visual editor]] and a session on [[wmania:2019:Community Growth/After Flow: A new direction for improving talk pages|the new talk pages project]]. They tested [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Toolbar refresh#v1 prototype|two]] new [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Edit cards#v3 prototype|features]] in the mobile visual editor with contributors. You can read more about what the team did and learned in [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile#Wikimania Stockholm: Overview|the team's report on Wikimania 2019]].
 
=== Looking ahead ===
 
* <strong>Talk Pages Project:</strong> The team is thinking about the first set of proposed changes. The team will be working with a few communities to pilot those changes. The best way to stay informed is by adding your username to the list on the project page: [[mw:Talk pages project#Getting involved|<strong>Getting involved</strong>]].
* <strong>Testing the mobile visual editor as the default:</strong> The Editing team plans to post results before the end of the calendar year. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/VE mobile default|<strong>VisualEditor as mobile default project page</strong>]].
* <strong>Measuring the impact of Edit Cards:</strong> This study asks whether the project helped editors add links and citations. The Editing team hopes to share results in November. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: [[mw:VisualEditor on mobile/Edit cards|<strong>Edit Cards project page</strong>]].
 
– [[User:PPelberg (WMF)|PPelberg (WMF)]] ([[mw:User talk:PPelberg (WMF)|talk]]) & [[User:Whatamidoing (WMF)|Whatamidoing (WMF)]] ([[mw:User talk:Whatamidoing (WMF)|talk]])
</div> 13:12, 29 spalė 2019 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Johan_(WMF)/Target_lists/VE_201910/3&oldid=19500848 -->
 
== Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
{{int:please-translate}}
 
[[File:WAM logo without text.svg|right|frameless]]
 
'''Wikipedia Asian Month''' is back! We wish you all the best of luck for the contest. The basic guidelines of the contest can be found on your local page of Wikipedia Asian Month. For more information, refer [[:m:Wikipedia Asian Month 2019|to our Meta page]] for organizers.
 
Looking forward to meet the next ambassadors for Wikipedia Asian Month 2019!
 
For additional support for organizing offline event, contact our international team [[:m:Talk:Wikipedia Asian Month 2019|on wiki]] or on email. We would appreciate the translation of this message in the local language by volunteer translators. Thank you!
 
[[:m:Wikipedia Asian Month 2019/International Team|Wikipedia Asian Month International Team.]]
 
[[Nauduotuos:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:MediaWiki message delivery|aptarėms]]) 18:57, 31 spalė 2019 (EET)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tiven2240@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tiven2240/WAM&oldid=19499019 -->
 
== Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest ==
 
In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, [[:m:Wikipedia Asian Month 2019|Wikipedia Asian Month 2019]] contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.
 
Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.
 
[[:m:Wikipedia Asian Month 2019/International Team|Wikipedia Asian Month International Team]]
 
--[[Nauduotuos:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:MediaWiki message delivery|aptarėms]]) 16:16, 27 lapkristė 2019 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Tiven2240@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tiven2240/WAM&oldid=19592127 -->
 
== IMPORTANT: Admin activity review ==
 
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc. ) was adopted by [[:m:Requests for comment/Activity levels of advanced administrative rights holders|global community consensus]] in 2013. According to this policy, the [[:m:stewards|stewards]] are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the [[:m:Admin activity review|admin activity review]].
 
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
#Zordsdavini (bureaucrat, administrator)
 
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
 
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the [[:m:Stewards' noticeboard|stewards on Meta-Wiki]] so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --[[Nauduotuos:علاء|علاء]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:علاء|aptarėms]]) 22:32, 7 sausė 2020 (EET)
 
----
As you can see above we need to discuss about my inactivity :) Please write comment in English that global users could understand / Kāp matuot aukšteliau, ta īr ruoda atjimtė ėš monės **administratuorė ė biurokrata privėlėjės**. Argomentā dėdlē paprastė: daug čiesa nȧbovau prisijungės ė nieka nȧtaisiau a kūriau kō naujė. Dėdlē nȧšuoko, ka ėšsauguoťiuo tas privėlėjės, nes tas īr teisībė diel nȧaktīvoma, bet:
* pas momis nie daug prieteliu, katrë če sokas,
* tǡp pat stėngůs vëna akėm sektė navīnas aple vikipedėjė ėr atstuovietė žemaiťius,
* dā valėjo ratavuotė žemaitėškuo rašībuo
Ėš tėkra, ta mona mėsėjė ė pagrindėnė idiejė igīvendinta: žemaitėška vikipedėjė atsirada ė pagrindėnis anuos darbs jau atlėkts:
* sviets sožėnuojė aple žemaiťius,
* vikipedėjė padiejė gautė žemaitems ISO kuoda
* patis žemaitē sožėnuojė, ka gal rašītė žemaitėškā
[[User:Zordsdavini|→ Zordsdavini]] <sub>[[User talk:Zordsdavini|''<font color="DarkRed">pasiruokůkiav</font>'']]</sub> 23:01, 7 sausė 2020 (EET)
:p.s. vëns ėš dalīku, kudie reťiau prisijungo īr rašība, nes dėdlē nuorieťiuo rašītė tǡp kāp dabā rašau. Jė paveizietė www.ruoda.lt, ta tėn īr tuoks tarmiū parjungies ė tuokė rašība tam tarnaun. [[User:Zordsdavini|→ Zordsdavini]] <sub>[[User talk:Zordsdavini|''<font color="DarkRed">pasiruokůkiav</font>'']]</sub> 23:27, 7 sausė 2020 (EET)
::[[User:Zordsdavini]] must remain adinistrator at Samogitian Wikipedia [[Nauduotuos:Pleckaitis|Pleckaitis]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:Pleckaitis|aptarėms]]) 00:44, 8 sausė 2020 (EET)
:Lai lėikt tuos teisės. Kāp ikūriejou anuos būtėnā rēkalingas. <font color="Blue">*</font> [[User:Hugo.arg|<font color="Blue">Hugo</font>]] <sub>[[User talk:Hugo.arg|''<font color="DarkRed">pasėruokavėms</font>'']]</sub> 21:26, 8 sausė 2020 (EET)
 
::: '''Stiuartā nusprėndė palėktė privėlėjės''' :) Dieků už palaikīma. Rēks tonkiau apsilonkītė, ka tuokiū maluonės prašīmu nȧrēktom rašītė :D [[User:Zordsdavini|→ Zordsdavini]] <sub>[[User talk:Zordsdavini|''<font color="DarkRed">pasiruokůkiav</font>'']]</sub> 08:29, 20 sausė 2020 (EET)
 
== Wiki Loves Folklore ==
 
[[File:WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg|100px|right|frameless]]
'''Hello Folks,'''
 
Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as '''[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore|Wiki Loves Folklore]]''' from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at [https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UploadWizard&campaign=wllove Wikimedia Commons]. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at [[m:Wiki Loves Folklore|Meta-Wiki]] and [[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore|Commons]].
 
'''Kind regards,'''<br/>
[[:c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore/International Team|'''Wiki Loves Folklore International Team''']]<br/>
<small>&mdash;&nbsp;[[User:Tulsi Bhagat|<font color="black">'''Tulsi Bhagat'''</font>]] <small>([[Special:Contributions/Tulsi Bhagat|<font color="black">contribs</font>]] &#124; [[User talk:Tulsi Bhagat|<font color="black">talk</font>]])</small><br/>
sent using [[Nauduotuos:MediaWiki message delivery|MediaWiki message delivery]] ([[Nauduotuojė aptarėms:MediaWiki message delivery|aptarėms]]) 08:14, 18 sausė 2020 (EET)</small>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tulsi Bhagat@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tiven2240/wll&oldid=19716850 -->
 
== Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project ==
 
Hello
 
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
 
To learn more about the project, [[:m:special:MyLanguage/Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project|please visit the Meta page]]. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegM07N1FK_s0VUECM61AlWOthwdn5zQOlVsa2vaKcx13BwZg/viewform?usp=sf_link this simple Google form]. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!
 
-- [[user:LMiranda (WMF)|LMiranda (WMF)]] ([[user talk:LMiranda (WMF)|talk]]) 21:01, 22 sausė 2020 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Trizek_(WMF)/sandbox/temp_MassMessage_list&oldid=19738989 -->
 
== Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages ==
 
''Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.''
 
You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at [[m:WMDE Technical Wishes/Edit Conflicts#Edit conflicts on talk pages|the planned feature]]. Let us know what you think on our [[mw:Help talk:Two Column Edit Conflict View|central feedback page]]! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: [[m:User:Max Klemm (WMDE)|Max Klemm (WMDE)]] 16:14, 26 vasarė 2020 (EET)
<!-- Message sent by User:Max Klemm (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Technical_Wishes_News_list_all_village_pumps&oldid=19845780 -->